Come work, live and play full time, where others only vacation!
Job Opening for a Clinical MOA
Job Title: Clinical MOA, Full Time (37.5 hours/week, 8:30-5 pm Monday-Friday).
Background: Our team of clinicians and MOAs prides itself on quality care for our patients. We are a fast-paced clinic and we’re in need of a Full Time Clinical MOA who is a reliable team player with strong problem solving and communication skills.
If you have medical office experience or an eagerness to learn, and you can multi-task while remaining calm, you may be the right person for this job.
- Follow guidelines set out by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC – POMDRA program
- Proper clean up of bodily fluid spills
- Accurately take and record relevant vital signs as per the Vitals Check Guide
- Set up sterile trays and assist with minor surgeries
- Chaperone for examinations as required
- Ensure examination rooms are stocked with the basic necessary supplies and equipment (see Office checks procedure)
- Ensure equipment is charged and in working order
- Ensure specialty items are available in the exam rooms for specific patient appointments (liquid nitrogen, suture removal kit, eye tray, etc.)
- Ensure necessary paperwork is prepared ahead of Pap smears, minor surgeries, etc.
- Ensure the Pap smear slide is labelled prior to the sample collection
- Safely fill the liquid nitrogen dispenser
- Check unsigned results to ensure urgent results are dealt with
- Be familiar with emergency protocols (anaphylaxis, vasovagal episodes, etc.)
Hours and Compensation:
- 37.5 hours per week Monday-Friday
- Wage based on education and experience ( $19 – $25/hr)
- Medical Benefits
- Matched RRSP contributions up to $100/month after 1 year with clinic
If you would like to be a part of our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to Karen Ritter, office manager.
We respectfully thank everyone who applies; however, only those whose applications meet our needs will be contacted. Please do not call as our priority is being available to patients.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Join our team of experienced and supportive doctors, MOAs, RN, Physiotherapist, and Social Worker working together to provide flexible working patterns and an enjoyable work culture.
Our well-established primary care clinic is centrally located in the eclectic, historic city of Trail, BC. The clinic strives to offer good quality continuity of care to our patients.
We are looking for physicians with lots of energy who enjoy working in a busy and friendly environment. You will work with an efficient and personable team, in a good spirited work environment. We currently are supported by MedAccess EMR.
Trail is a vibrant and growing community with outstanding recreational facilities, great real estate opportunities, and an abundance of outdoor activities including skiing at nearby Red Mountain Resort, biking, hiking, soccer, hockey, golf and nearby local lakes for water sports including kayaking and fishing. Trail and the surrounding area offers stunning natural surroundings and a rich cultural and architectural history.
Living in Trail and the surrounding areas, you can enjoy a balanced lifestyle with a challenging career, and an enviable quality of life. For residents and visitors alike, Trail offers outstanding opportunities for living life well and to the fullest. Trail is located a quick 10 minute drive from world class skiing/snow boarding at Red Mountain Resort.